Monday, October 31, 2016

Live Bravely w/#terimiyahirabeauty

When I posted about last month's Teri Miyahira Beauty Box, I mentioned that Teri must have read my mind. Well, this month, she did it again. This time, she included another one of those fun shadow quads (see the original quad from the Sprint to Success box), but in the earthy shades I tend to gravitate toward (especially this time of year). She also surprised me with a bold lipstick and a flirty finishing touch.


Let's start with the Teri Miyahira 100% natural, vegan and cruelty-free "Carefree" Eyeshadow Palette. I already knew I adored it's design with it's hidden brush compartment. However, it's not exactly the brush I would select for applying these shadows to my eyes. Thank goodness I received more precise shadow brushes in last month's box.


I've also had success applying these shadows with my fingers in a pinch, which is how I opted to swatch them for you. These eyeshadows are great for creating a contoured look that can go from natural to more daring, depending on the application (you can check out Teri's YouTube channel for application tutorials). As you can see, there's a soft, shimmery beige highlighter, a matte taupe for defining the lash line and/or crease, a pinky nude base shade and a terracotta that's nice for adding a more vibrant pop of color.


The eyeshadows go perfectly with the lipstick. Honestly, I was hoping there would be a lipstick in this month's box, and Teri delivered.


The Teri Miyahira 100% natural, vegan and cruelty-free "Brave" Satin Lipstick is a bold color that you don't need to fear, as mentioned on the enclosed information card. This month's box encourages you to "Live Bravely" and rock that darker, deeper lip color.


"Brave" may be darker than the pinks, nudes and corals that most of us sported all summer, but now that it's fall, this shade seems like a natural choice. Those of you who tend to be intimidated by bright red lipsticks will be happy to know that this lip color is a more wearable brick red. It's also very buildable, allowing you to control the amount of color. This lipstick has a smooth, moisturizing texture and good staying power.


This month's box completes your "Live Bravely" look with these "Imagination #04" Vegan Faux Mink False Eyelashes. I'm actually anxious to take these for a test drive, but since I don't regularly wear false lashes, I don't happen to have any eyelash glue on hand (the glue was not included with these). I guess I need to buy some, asap.

Interested in getting Teri Miyahira Beauty delivered to your doorstep? You can sign up for the November wait list here. I'm so proud of how successful her boxes have been and still continue to be.

Did you get this month's box? Which item was your favorite? What do you hope to see in the future? You can find me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


* Although Teri Miyahira sent me this box for review, all opinions are my own :)