Wednesday, April 13, 2016

It's All Good Organics By Deb is good

"It's all good" is a phrase I find myself saying a lot. It's catchy, so of course, It's All Good Organics By Deb got my attention. These handcrafted organic beauty products in their bright and whimsical packaging really are good.

It's All Good Organics By Deb was started by a woman named Deb, of course. While watching her mother lose a battle with cancer several years ago, Deb noticed the effects chemically induced drugs took on her mother's body (but never her spirit). She knew there had to be a better way to take care of our bodies, both inside and out. She became more aware of what she ate and put on her skin by educating herself, choosing organic as much as possible, growing some of her own food and making soaps. She now makes a variety of other clean beauty products, all by hand.

Lucky for me, I had a chance to try some of those products with fun names like Keeping It Real Face Wash. The ingredients are simple, yet effective. It's just organic jojoba oil, organic aloe vera, pure castile soap, kaolin clay and essential oils. Although I was hesitant to wash my face with anything that contained soap (I'm more of a cream or oil cleanser kind of girl), this face wash was surprisingly gentle and not over-drying. It suds, due to the pure castile soap, but it doesn't irritate my skin or make it feel tight. It cleanses off all my makeup, including my eye makeup. Just be careful not to get it in your eyes.

I've been following the face wash with the Keeping It Real With Rose H2O & Witch Hazel Toner. It contains organic handcrafted rose water, organic handcrafted witch hazel and essential oils. This toner is light and does a good job of prepping my skin for my moisturizer and keeping my pores clear. I also like its soft rose scent.

The next two steps in this facial routine include the While You Sleep Happy Face and Eyes Rest Assure, which come in these cute glass jars. I'll definitely be reusing these.

The While You Sleep Happy Face is a night time face cream, although I've been using it day and night. It contains organic jojoba oil, tamanu oil, organic avocado oil, organic almond oil, organic grape seed oil, organic coconut oil, organic castor oil and essential oils. It looks a little like honey mustard, yet smells more medicinal (I guess that's how it works its magic). It's a bit greasy when first applied, but if you let it set for 10 or 15 minutes, your skin will drink it up. My skin appears refreshed when I wake up in the morning. I've also had success wearing it under makeup (just make sure to apply it lighter than in the evening). I was pleasantly surprised with this moisturizer.

The Eyes Rest Assure Eye Cream is more of a balm in my opinion, but that's what makes it so great. It's a blend of organic avocado butter, organic shea, organic castor oil, organic almond oil, organic calendula and carrot seed oil. This balm warms to the touch and is easy to apply to the delicate skin around your eyes. Since it is a balm, it seems to work like a paste to gently control those fine lines. I felt like it kept those pesky creases at bay. Although I just described it as a paste, it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything sticky or glue-like. It also works well under makeup, if you allow it time to absorb first. The best part is the size of the container. You get a full 2 ounces, which is a generous amount for this type of product.

It's All Good Organics By Deb is an excellent way to clean your beauty routine economically. The prices are very reasonable. It's worth checking out. Let me know if you do on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Although It's All Good Organics By Deb sent me these products,
all opinions are my own :)