Friday, February 5, 2016

Flowers in my bath from Amaki

As you know, I've said it time and time again; I'm really particular about the products I accept for review. I like to keep my reviews positive, yet honest. Therefore, I tend to say yes to those that I suspect will meet my personal wants and needs, such as today's luxurious handmade Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soak.

Recently, I took a break from Instagram and blogging to spend more time with my family and to create a better balance between my online presence and home life. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I'd even return to the blog world, but to my surprise, I've been back in small doses.

The lovely Manika from the Natural Beauty Corner happened to catch me at the right time about trying out Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soak. Somehow she knew that I was looking for the right product to highlight for Valentine's Day (I always recognize this holiday in some way, so I'll probably also post a Valentine's wish list and/or food item, etc., before the big day arrives; I'm a bit of a romantic).

One look at this floral bath soak and I was sold on testing it out. I already love natural bath salts for the occasional relaxing bath (they're just what I need after a good workout; is anyone else doing Tone It Up's latest challenge?) or mini spa day with my daughter (we like to use bath salts in foot soaks; it's a great way to have some mother-daughter bonding time), but the floral addition makes this one extra special. It has Valentine's Day written all over it.

Manika advised using the provided reusable muslin drawstring bags to prevent clogging my bathtub drain, which are quite helpful when it comes to clean up. Simply fill 3/4 of a bag with the bath salts, tie the drawstring and drop the bag into the bath water, like you're making tea. You get all the relaxing benefits (it eases my sore muscles and the scent has an aromatherapy effect), but without the mess.

The bags were convenient in the bath; however, sometimes it's nice to have the total beauty experience. There's something so romantic about having flowers in your bath and seeing them is part of the appeal. Therefore, my daughter and I let them float freely in our foot soaks, as I'm sure you could also do in your tub. Just be prepared to skim them out of the water before draining it.

My daughter agreed with me that these bath salts are quite lovely and smell like a fresh bouquet. It's the perfect product to balance my beauty blogging with my family time. These bath salts are just what I needed right now.

If flowers in your beauty products gets your attention this Valentine's Day (or any day), you may also want to check out the Amaki Jasmine & Rose Nourishing Oil. It's definitely on my radar. I'll let you know if I get a chance to try it.

What natural beauty products are on your wish list for Valentine's Day? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* I was sent these Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soaks via the Natural Beauty Corner for review. All opinions are my own :)