Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Feeling fine in Luk Beautyfood Rose Lime

For months now, I've been following @lukbeautyfood on Instagram, hoping to one day try the luscious looking cruelty-free Lip Nourish colors. Lucky for me, I actually won my choice of these natural and neutral sheer lipsticks. Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait to get it.

Luk Beautifood is an Australian company that sells 100% natural, toxin-free makeup made from food. Seriously, according to the website, these lippies contain avocado oil, sesame oil and cacao butter to deeply nourish your lips, beeswax and lecithin to lock in moisture, ginger and spices for their anti-inflammatory properties, and antioxidant vitamin C-rich citrus to neutralize free radicals. They even come wrapped in this beautiful fabric that's printed with pictures of some of the natural ingredients found inside.

I selected a Lip Nourish in Rose Lime, which is described as universally flattering soft pecan sheer lip color. I call it a bit of a warm dusty rose that is similar to my natural lip color. It smells like lime, grapefruit and ginger, because it really has lime, pink grapefruit and ginger oil in it.

Here's a pic of me wearing this lipstick. It's perfect for that no-makeup makeup look, if you know what I mean. It really does nourish my lips. Instead of just temporarily masking chapped lips, it actually improves their texture. I'd highly recommend it.

It even goes well with my outfit of the day, for those of you who didn't catch it on Instagram or Twitter. It's been so hot and humid around here, so I opted to wear this H&M eco-friendly Conscious Collection dress from a couple years ago.

But, back to Luk Beautifood, here are the other Lip Nourish colors (I snagged the pic from the website). They are all so lovely that it makes it hard to pick just one. Which one would you like or have tried already? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

BTW, Luk Beautifood also sells 100 Percent Pure, so it's your one-stop shop for both brands :)

* Luk Beautifood sent me this lipstick as a prize from a recent giveaway.
All opinions are my own :)