Wednesday, December 26, 2012

When you can't wait to open your Dec. Eco Emi

Last month, Hayden and I considered only posting about our Eco Emi boxes, rather than doing an unboxing video, as well. We probably should have made that our last video, because this month's didn't go quite as smoothly. Lesson learned: Don't make an unboxing video with a small child on her favorite holiday of the year.

To our surprise, we received our December Eco Emi on Christmas Eve, right before we headed out the door for a family gathering. We couldn't wait to open it, but managed to at least  keep it sealed until the next morning. After opening all our Santa presents, we couldn't resist just one more. I was ready to reveal what was inside without the camera; however, Hayden insisted we do a video, probably to show off some of her new toys (she's also a creature of habit, so she might want to film again next month).

 

Poor Hayden has a bit of a cold, so I apologize in advance for wiping her nose during the video. Then, Hayden got a little crazy with her toys, snacks, a lotion sample, etc. I took it as a sign to "sign off" and turn off the camera. Then, I found a handful of small packet samples I forgot to mention while filming. Oops! At least I can mention them here on the blog (as well as in the YouTube video description). Here's what we received:

Vanilla Bean Granola Chips by Willamette Valley: Hayden is eating these while I type this. I was hoping to save these for when we are away from home, but she wanted to sample them now. They are like little rounds of granola pressed into a thin chip shape. They remind me of a sweet version of Mary's Gone Crackers. Hayden is refusing to share them. Ha ha. I took a piece when she wasn't looking, though; they taste similar to Frosted Flakes cereal.

Licorice Toothpaste by Auromere: After eating those sweet treats, we'll need to test out this toothpaste next. It smells like black licorice. I love that scent.

Original Mint Gum and Tooth Powder by Eco Dent: I have yet to try tooth powder, but I've wanted to in the past. I know that baking soda works well and makes my pearly whites even whiter. I also like to carry gum like this in my purse for those times when I can't brush. There are only a couple of pieces in this sample, so it could even fit in my pocket when I run out the door. 

Organic Perfume "Aiyana" by Tallulah Jane: This is one of the samples that I forgot to mention in the video. I haven't worn much perfume lately, as I prefer natural fragrances, like a dab of vanilla from my kitchen. This one smells natural and somewhat woodsy in the sample container, but when I put it on (I've heard that fragrances react differently on people), the Moroccan rose, vanilla and Italian lemon became intoxicating. I will definitely be wearing this again.

Chocolate Mint Lip Butter by Organic Indulgence: As you know, I never get tired of lip balms and butters, especially when Hayden runs off with some of them. This one is sheer and smells more of mint than chocolate. You can't go wrong with mint chocolate.
 
Vegan Adaptive Energy Facial Tonique Toner by Blissoma: There is something about a facial toner in a spray. It is my favorite application method. It makes it easy to refresh your skin throughout the day, or in some cases, use as a light fragrance. This one doesn't have much of a scent, but I like it on my skin.

Organic Fundamental Face Scrub by Fundamental Earth: This is another sample I missed in our video. I think exfoliation is key when it comes to skincare, especially this time of year. I can't wait to try it. I once had a face scrub from The Body Shop that contain ground apricot kernals. I wonder if this one works as well.

Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream by Burt's Bees: Hayden used half of this sample in the video. Although she wiped some of it off (she really had way more than enough on her hands), she kept it as her own.

Vegan Assorted Body Creams by 100% Pure: I am a huge 100% Pure fan. I can't believe I didn't notice this in my box until after I shut off the camera. I received the vanilla bean scent, which I adore. Actually, I love all of their fragranced body creams and various other products.

Original Lotion for Men! by Bulldog Skincare: I haven't used this one yet, but my hubby will. His hands get dry this time of year, too. Maybe this will help.

Apricot Eye Therapy by Better Botanicals: You know I like my eye cream. This one should be a good followup to the face scrub, due to the use of apricots. 

This box was a collaboration with The Leaping Bunny Foundation, so all the products were Leaping Bunny certified to be cruelty-free. I thought the personal purse size shopping guide was a nice touch.

Well, I've spent a lot of time on this post, and now I need to get back to my family. Hope all is well. Maybe I can get my latest followup Eco Emi DIY done before the new year. What should I make?